The right auto insurance policy can help get you back on the road quickly if your car is damaged or destroyed by accident, fire, theft, or other covered event. Your policy may also provide protection against medical and legal expenses resulting from injury, loss of life, or property damage caused by an accident involving your vehicle.
An auto insurance policy is a contract between you and an insurance company. You pay a premium, and in exchange, the insurance company promises to pay for specific car-related financial losses during the term of the policy. Work with us to determine the best coverage for you.
Insurance for cars, trucks, boats and more!
Farrell Sullivan Insurance can insure your Motorcycle, Classic Car, Motor Home & RV, Boat & Jet Ski, and ATV too! Contact us for more information today!
Maryland – how much auto insurance is right for you?
Based in Baltimore, our team understands the auto insurance needs of our customers. To drive in Maryland you must carry:
- Liability coverage -Liability coverage pays for losses that you cause to others. Minimum limits of liability in Maryland are $30,000/$60,000 (each person/each accident) and $15,000 property damage. Many people choose to have higher limits for greater protection.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage – This is no-fault coverage to pay you and your passengers for medical and related expenses caused by injuries from a car accident, regardless of who is at fault.
Other Optional coverages include:
- Collision coverage – Collision insurance coverage pays for damage caused to your vehicle in an automobile accident. Standard collision coverage will pay for any repairs up to the fair market value of your car. Collision coverage usually also comes with an insurance deductible. It’s the amount of money you pay toward repairs before your collision insurance kicks in. The higher the deductible you’re willing to pay, the less the collision coverage will cost. To finance a car, it is usually necessary to have this insurance coverage.
- Comprehensive coverage (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage done to your car in some way other than a collision, such as if it were stolen or vandalized. Flood, hurricane, theft, windshield damage and fire are also events usually covered by comprehensive car insurance. Like collision, comprehensive will pay up to the fair market value of your car (less your insurance deductible.) Again, you will probably need this coverage if your car is financed.
- Roadside Assistance coverage – Roadside assistance pays the cost of reasonable towing charges if your car is disabled.
- Rental coverage – Rental coverage pays the cost of a rental car while yours is being repaired after a claim.
Every situation is unique – talk to us today to find out how to get the best price and value on auto insurance for you.
Farrell Sullivan Insurance: Call for a quote today at 410-377-5647.